The TOEIC Listening course is one of the most intensive English courses offered by the Global Education Centre. The course primarily focuses on enhancing the listening ability of students in preparation for their Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) exam. It will utilize an ETS style of review for TOEIC Listening using both audio materials and guide questions patterned after the actual test. Specifically it will utilize photograph descriptions, questions and responses, conversations and short talks.
The primary objective of this course is to provide students with the necessary skills and micro-skills to improve their performance on the TOEIC Listening test. Students who complete this course will be able to:
- develop a clear understanding of listening component of the TOEIC test as well as its format
- receive plenty of practice exercises
- study detailed strategies to eliminate wrong answers and determine correct answers
- take two complete practice tests (depending on the length of the course) and receive a sample TOEIC score
- study TOEIC-related vocabulary
- review advanced English grammar
- improve their chance to attain their ideal TOEIC score
- Use your handy phones just as an educational supplementary source or dictionary tool, please.
- Please attend in your sessions regularly. If you are absent for more than 10 sessions, you will fail your course.
- Final Exam = 30%
- Midterm Exam = 20%
- Homework or Commenting = 15%
- Attendance = 20%
- Class Participation = 15%